8th April update
WE ARE BACK! From the 7th March we will be meeting back in the church building at 11am every Sunday. We're excited to meet back together as a congregation but will continue to comply to Covid safety measures. Please see the guidance below. We will be continuing to live stream our services if you're still not comfortable to return to the building.
guidance for return to church building
The following are the guidelines which we are using to stay safe and keep social distancing now that services have restarted.
- Do not come to church if you have any of the well-documented symptoms of Covid-19, e.g. fever, loss of smell or tase, persistant cough.
- Face masks to be worn, unless in the worship group or preaching.
- Please bring your own face masks, bottle of water if you need a drink, and Bible.
- Keep at least 1m. apart in the foyer and 2m. in the church.
- No hugging, kissing, or shaking of hands.
- Entrance and exit is via foyer.
- No use of kitchen, - so no teas or coffees.
- In church we will use alternate rows of seating, and except for household/family groups, leave two vacant chairs between each person. This will probably limit numbers to around 50-60.
- The service will continue to be streamed.
- Surfaces such as door handles, switches and the metal backs of chairs, to be wiped with antiseptic cloth before the service.
- Service time from 11am - 12pm.
- The foodbank will operate from the church hall, at its usual time of 11.30am - 1 p.m.
- Use of toilets; not more than one person at a time in each of the three toilets; try and minimise use of toilets, in order not to conflict movements with people working in food bank.
- Prayer for individuals; not in church, but possible one to one in the creche and in rear car park. We have introduced Prayer Cards; if you need prayer, fill these in with your name, phone number, and your prayer request. A member of the Prayer Ministry Team will contact you and pray via a phone call.
- The Youth group will meet in the Upper Room during the morning service.
- No buckets passed around for offerings; a bucket placed at back of church to drop in offerings. Gloves to be used in counting.
The Gospel Centre Newsletter
SUnday Morning Service