So What Is Our Role?
The Women’s Ministry Team’s role, first and foremost, is to oversee the pastoral wellbeing of all the ladies in our church. Our team’s intention is that every woman (and every woman’s family) who comes to our church, is welcomed warmly and unconditionally, with open arms, regardless of who they are, where they have come from or what they have done. We offer to embrace her as an equal and to encourage, help, uplift and pray for her, under Jesus Christ’s headship, as much as our abilities enable and His Spirit leads.
• Pastoral visiting - If you are sick or are going through a particularly difficult time at present, we can visit you at home or wherever it is you find yourself at this moment in time e.g. in hospital, at a friend’s. We believe that Jesus hears our prayers and that through faith in Him, He can work all things together for your good.
• Personal Growth - We believe the Bible to be true and inerrant. We believe it is God’s handbook about how to ‘do life’. It is a manual for those of us who have ‘messed up’ and who need to get back on track with God. If you would like to learn more about the Bible and about who Jesus is, we will be running Ladies’ Bible Studies at the church, at different times, throughout the year. These are very informal and are often a great opportunity to meet other women in the church, over a ‘free’ cup of tea and cake.
So what do we do?
These are usually completely free of charge!
• Arts and Craft Days
• Fellowship Meals
• Teaching, Training and Ministry Events
• Gospel Concerts
• Fundraising events
• And more …
• Christian Retreats ( 1-3 Days)
• Inspirational Conferences e.g. Hillsong Colour Conference, ‘Precious’ Breakfasts
• Boat Trips
• Movie Nights
• Local and London Shows
• Summer Picnics
• And more…
So could you fit in?
Absolutely! Regular women from varying backgrounds, race, culture and age are involved here at The Gospel Centre. We come in every shape, height, colour and class. There are no disqualification criteria. We believe that our Father in heaven wants to place value on your gifts, strengths, abilities, knowledge, and personal experiences. We believe He created each of us for fellowship, friendship and for a purpose here on earth, designed especially and specifically for us both as individual women, as well as one corporate body.
If you would like to be a part of our ‘Sisterhood’, and to join us in following where our God leads, come along to our services at 11am every Sunday morning. We’ll be there, and it would be our privilege to welcome you along!